July 19, 2012
Comment on Facebook
Cooperative Alliance (PACA) and Transition Philadelphia will join cities and towns nationwide to host a screening of the documentary Fixing the Future, focused on spurring action to strengthen local economies in the face of global economic crisis.
In Fixing the Future, host David Brancaccio (of public radio’s Marketplace and NOW on PBS) visits locations across America that are using sustainable and innovative approaches – like working cooperatives, local banks, and small business alliances – to create jobs,
build prosperity, and inspire hope and renewal amidst economic collapse. This event is one of many nationwide events to kick-off Fixing the Future.
Come for an exclusive on-screen panel discussion after the movie, featuring:
• Bill McKibben: Author, environmentalist, Schumann Distinguished Scholar at Middlebury College
• Majora Carter: Peabody Award-winning broadcaster & Urban Revitalization Strategist
• Mike Brady: CEO, Greyston Bakery & social entrepreneur
• David Brancaccio: Host, NOW on PBS
Learn more at: www.fixingthefuture.org
Tickets are already available from the Bryn Mawr Film Institute website: http://www.brynmawrfilm.org/films/?id=630
824 W. Lancaster Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
General Admission - $10 (General Admission)
$7 (Senior 65+, Child under 18)
$5.75 (Affiliated Theaters' Member)
$5 (BMFI Member, Student with ID)
Info Phone: 610-527-9898
Dates & Times
July 19, 2012
Currently, no accessibility information is available for this event.
Video & Image Gallery
All Media Gallery
- HALF-PRICE CLASSES AND CAMPS! // FUNSAVERS FUN PACKS
- PECO Powers the Arts
- Philadelphia: America's Garden Capital
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- Celebrate Arts and Aging!
- Get Fit in Philly!
- Live from Philadelphia: Best Local Comedy
- Military Discounts!
- Best Public Art
- Best of Philly
- Teen Scene
- Single & Social!
- Cheap Date Ideas!
- Happy Hour!
- Independence Starts Here! Accessible Events Calendar
- Arts at Penn
- On the Parkway
Follow Us On