April is Jazz Appreciation Month, and Philadelphia is ready to celebrate! Philadelphia has an extraordinary jazz heritage, beginning with Ethel Waters, and extending to John Coltrane, Billie Holiday, Joe Venuti, Eddie Lang, Stan Getz, Dizzie Gillespie, Sun Ra, McCoy Tyner, Grover Washington Jr. and other music luminaries, all of whom set the stage for the vibrant jazz scene the City still enjoys today.
Jazz Appreciation Month is a project of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History and this year marks the program's 11th anniversary. To learn more about what Philadelphia is doing to celebrate, please visit http://creativephl.org/jazz.
- HALF-PRICE CLASSES AND CAMPS! // FUNSAVERS FUN PACKS
- PECO Powers the Arts
- Philadelphia: America's Garden Capital
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- Celebrate Arts and Aging!
- Get Fit in Philly!
- Live from Philadelphia: Best Local Comedy
- Military Discounts!
- Best Public Art
- Best of Philly
- Teen Scene
- Single & Social!
- Cheap Date Ideas!
- Happy Hour!
- Independence Starts Here! Accessible Events Calendar
- Arts at Penn
- On the Parkway
Follow Us On